The Top 5 Best Mattress 2018 Listed & Reviewed
From beds and mattress to accessories such as pillows and toppers, we boast an extensive list of collections! We have reviewed all of them to ensure your hard-earned dollars will be all worth it, so choose from our sections below. We are fully confident that you can make the right buying decision according to your needs and budget with our help.
Now that we have thoroughly reviewed all the diverse types available in the market, we want to highlight some special considerations that are sure to help you decide which store, manufacturer, or brand is the right one for you to use when making an acquisition.
Each retailer offers some type of warranty on a purchase, but they can greatly vary and may not include some other key factors. The best thing to do is read the fine print. If you happen to shop at a nearby store, ask questions regarding the guarantee.
The warranty cover may range from 10-25 years and could be prorated over time. Usually, a mattress warranty covers sagging and faulty materials or workmanship like broken or loose coils and torn mattress handles. On the other hand, adjustable bed platforms, dissatisfaction with performance, size, or feel of the mattress, natural wear and tear, and user-inflicted damage may not qualify for warranty coverage at all.
Consider the possible expenses if you prefer a model that includes plenty of technology once it stops working and is not covered in the guarantee.
Of course, don’t forget to ask about delivery policies and fees when shopping for a mattress. Some manufacturers charge a massive amount of money to deliver and install the new mattress, while some retailers only charge a competitive rate. Sometimes, the removal of old bedding or the set up or assembly of merchandise is not included in the fee.
As soon as your delivery arrives in your home, thoroughly inspect the whole product to ensure it is intact and doesn’t have any staining or damage. Also, check the label that indicates it is not built of “all new material” before you sign for the delivery. Make sure to keep all your paperwork and document in case you need them sooner or later for a claiming a warranty.
3. Return Policy
With all the research you have done to find the right fit for your bedroom, it is very unlikely that you will be completely satisfied with your purchase. But, it is still necessary and important to ensure your chosen retailer provides a store credit towards another acquisition or full refund in case you are not totally happy with what you have purchased. Retailers are likely to agree that it takes around thirty days for a person’s body to adjust to a new mattress.
This is often why buyers get at least 30 days period for them to decide on an exchange or return. However, some retailers are generous – offering up to 120 days before the return validation. You should ask the retailer about the return period, which is sometimes called “comfortable guarantee”, so you know how long you need to decide.
Prepare your pocket since numerous retailers such as Sears and Macy’s charge a restocking payment of up to 15% of the purchase. You can also be charged if you have to use this service for delivering the bed back to the store. Fortunately, there are some sellers that offer incentives or perks (e.g. free pickup for exchanges or refunds).
Most of us are tempted to buy the cheapest options available, but this is not always a clever idea. After all, even the affordable options include extras that can add up quickly, leading you to break the bank on your acquisition. For those who prefer shopping online, this is not always the case.
But if you’re planning to buy at a store, salespersons can offer you luring upgrades that could potentially lead you to go over your budget. In order to prevent this, know what you can afford to spend and consider possible charges for extended warranties, delivery, and fabric guarding, among others. For those shopping in-store, there is some room for negotiations you can take advantage of.
Sam’s, Costco, and other warehouse clubs do not have any wiggle room, but the furniture stores and specialty chains do have to give you better deals. Ask about available discounts they offer and don’t hesitate to browse the web for a comparable model and then ask for that pricing. Some retailers take off up to 30% of the ticketed price to protect the deal.
There are other additional factors one should bear in mind when looking for a new mattress. These won’t generally affect your entire buying decision, but they can give you additional options. So, they are worthwhile mentioning here.
Search Mattresses by Sleep Position
Back pain can be eliminated or intensified depending on your bed. More than 80 percent of people will experience it at least once in their life. When in search of the mattress for your back pain, understand and ask about the bed’s physical components (innerspring and coils).
Make sure it could offer you adequate support for your spine alignment and natural curves. With the right amount of back support, you can likely avoid muscle discomfort every morning. It has been said that medium-firm mattresses typically offer more relief for the back pain compared to firm mattresses.
The sad part is that most of us do not realize how much a poor bed can affect our overall health. Therefore, we provide you with information and reviews of the best mattresses solely for back pain. Each offers effective relief for the lower, middle, and upper back. Read more.
Many of us are side sleepers, and having the right mattress is highly crucial as it can make or break a good night rest. What’s more, a good mattress increases comfort while preventing spine and joint damage.
When in the store to buy a mattress, opt for a softer one (but not very soft). The bed’s firmness must be based on your unique sleeping needs, height, and weight. Side sleepers are suggested to buy a mattress that is either medium or soft, depend on their body type.
This will give you enough pressure pain relief for easing pain at the hips and/or shoulders. Also, make sure the bed is not very soft because it can lead your spine to fall out of position all over the sleep. Choosing a mattress with contouring materials is also very essential as it will help minimize pressure points. It is best to invest in a bed that uses a blend of latex alternative foam and memory foam. Read more.
Weighs 300 pounds or more? Rejoice as there’s a perfect mattress you can enjoy sleeping on throughout the entire year, and even in the coming years! A bariatric mattress is much more recommended for those who are obese or overweight.
But no matter what type of mattress you’re eyeing for, the best mattress should have a thickness between ten to fourteen inches, no poor fiber fluff or quality foams that may quickly break down or compress, and has a durable, rated adjustable base or frame/foundation to support any weight, single or combined. Latex, memory foam, and innerspring are the top mattresses for heavy people.
This is beyond your regular mattress which is made of solid materials and features various inner built. Since it is not very costly than other types of mattresses, it is definitely worth checking our reviews if you’re really eager to buy one for yourself. Read more.
Similar to back and side sleepers, stomach sleepers have to make certain they are buying the right type of mattress as well. As a stomach sleeper, you have to take additional tender loving care to warranty you do not wake up in the morning with a mild or serious pain as a result of an out of position spine. Look for a bed with the perfect combination of softness and firmness, like the foam mattress.
Memory foam mattress can firmly and greatly conform to your body, keeping you well-rested and comfortable all throughout. It is a little more complicated sleeping on the stomach than lying on the side mainly because the pressure in your organs is higher. Hence, look for a bed with a good balance of medium or soft that greatly tailors to stomach sleepers.
The problem is how. Make sure to read through our top five reviews and recommendations to help narrow down your search. Read more.
It will take you much consideration and planning when shopping for a mattress for your little ones. There are many extra considerations you always have to keep in mind, like the size, durability, safety precautions, and longevity.
As with mattresses for adults, kid’s mattresses are available in memory foam, latex foam, pocket-sprung, and open-sprung varieties, each providing numerous benefits to various types of sleepers. Determine how firm a mattress will best suit the personal preference of your child and whether it really helps with certain issues he could have, such as allergies or bedwetting. If your kids have some allergies, you may want to buy them a synthetic mattress since it is less likely to draw mites and bacteria, though you can get the same effects with natural latex, silk, pure wool, or cotton.
Choosing the ideal kid’s mattress is not just a simple endeavor as what others think, especially if you need one with a lifespan of 10 years. We encourage you to Read more.
Achieving a happy, active sex life requires having a quality mattress. Imagine the awkward scenario where you and your partner are making love and all of a sudden, the bed produced an undesirable noise or the springs poke through.
The most important is choosing a mattress that is comfortable for both of you. You may want to consider the isolate movement feature as it can help you to get the best sleep you need for the next day. Of course, don’t forget your sleep styles.
For instance, lighter individuals and side sleepers need a softer bed surface for superior comfort, while heavy set individuals and back sleepers will need more the support of a firmer bed. In this case, a memory foam mattress could also be your most ideal option.
If you have been frustrated with your old bed and desiring to buy a better one, you can check our recommendations for 2018.. Read more.
There are a few additional factors to keep in mind when you’re shopping for a new mattress. While these won’t be the primary things that affect your decision, they do provide you with additional options, so they are important to mention here.
When it comes to mattress sizes, there are 5 available options you can choose from: twin, full, queen, king, and California king. It is important to choose one that will perfectly fit your space and bed as well as will work well to your lifestyle and needs. So, here are the outlined mattress sizes you may consider for your next purchase.
- Twin Mattress – measures 75 inches long and 39 inches across. It is not only an ideal size for a one-child sleeper but can accommodate an adult as well. If you’re taller than 6 feet, you might not find this mattress size very comfortable to sleep on since it will be too short for your height. You can usually find twin mattress in kids rooms and are a regular size for daybeds and bunk beds.
- Full Mattress – measured 54-inch wide by 75-inch long. It is also known as a double mattress and is double as wide as the twin. A full mattress is such a great option for one person who is below 6 feet tall. It is commonly popular in college dorm rooms and apartments, besides founding guest bedrooms.
- Queen Mattress – measures 80 inches long and 60 inches across. This is the most popular size bought in the US and offers five inches more length compared to a full or twin sized option. For adults, growing tenants, and couples who are looking for a durable mattress, the queen size is such an excellent option.
- King Mattress – one of the biggest options you can find out there that measures 80 inches long and 76 inches wide. However, owning this mattress requires your room to have ample space for perfect accommodation. This is also an excellent choice for couples since both of you can get the equivalent of a twin mattress of sleeping width. If you own a pet, you might also want to consider buying one, so your pet can have a room for sleeping.
- California King Mattress – have a measure of 84 inches long and 72 inches wide. This is good if you are a tall person or simply need more length in your sleep surface. California king mattresses are 4-inch narrower than a conventional king, hence, making it a perfect fit in a space that could not be capable of accommodating the width of a standard king-sized bed. It comes with a split box spring to allow easy moving and maneuvering.
If an innerspring type of a mattress is what you want most, it is crucial to ensure it really sits on top of a flat, hard surface in order to maintain its lifespan. And, box spring offers that surface. Box springs are base components intended for supporting the mattress and protecting them from potential wear.
Most of the box springs are less costly than other types of base, like adjustable bases or platform beds, and they fulfill the warranty requirements of mattress retailers as well. But in most cases, you don’t necessarily need it to support your mattress. A box spring usually comes in two sizes: standard and low-profile.
Standard box springs have a measurement of 9-inch in height, while low-profile box springs measure between 5 and 5.5 inches. Although the two differs in height, the amount of support they give to a mattress has relatively no difference. You can use an adjustable base or platform base as an alternative to a box spring depending on the model you buy.
These days, mattresses are made from various technologies and materials to meet the consumers’ demands. They work to increase the level of comfort and happiness of each sleeper and change your life for good. Aside from mattresses with elevation settings and an adjustable firmness, some products track biometric markers (e.g. the sleeper’s movement, temperature, heart rate, and breathing) to enhance sleep.
For instance, the Celliant-infused covers and Silver-infused covers greatly contribute to the overall comfort, breathability, and protection of a mattress. So, if these technologies appeal to your mattress needs, be prepared to spend additional bucks. Models with technologies range from $2,500 to $50,000 depending on how extravagant you want to get.
Most Popular Mattresses Types
Popularly known as air bed, air mattress has been continuously gaining popularity among homeowners of all types. You can find it in most traditional sizes – twin up to the king. Whether you need a queen size air mattress for your bedroom or a twin mattress for your future camping trips, you are assured to get the ideal product. The increasing demand and owner satisfaction for an air bed, lots of options and brands are nearly available, such as Coleman and Intex. Read more.
What makes it more attractive?
- Quick inflation: In just minutes (around five minutes), you can inflate an air bed to full size.
- Increased durability: Its capacity to deal with sagging issues and robust PVC boosts the span of life of this mattress.
- Custom firmness: Setting as soft or firm as you want is highly possible.
- Free from odor: Thanks to the PVC material used for manufacturing it.
- Versatile: Can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Back pain: Offers better body contouring and better pain relief.
What makes it less attractive?
- Shorter warranty: The warranties are commonly shorter than that of innerspring and latex.
- Noisy pump: Though, this complaint is usually only in budget models.
- Long assembly process: Can take you between thirty to sixty minutes to assemble it.
Trying to decide whether a crib for your baby is a good option or not is already an extremely complex decision to make. Given that babies sleep sixteen hours every day, it is important to ensure the surface your baby sleeps on gives him the best support, allergy-free, and safety throughout. When it comes to crib mattresses, you will be provided with 3 options:
- Innerspring – can last for a longer period. Though, it is one of the heaviest mattresses because it makes use of coiled steel.
- Foam – the most inexpensive of all. It is also lightweight as well as easy to fold and remove. It can be purchased on a wide array of sizes. However, foam crib mattress is not ideal for long-term use.
- Organic – made from all-natural materials, making it chemical-free. But, organic crib mattress is uncommon than other crib mattresses.
Their price greatly varies and has their own unique characteristics. So before making a major decision, it is recommended to read some of our reviews of the best crib mattress available. Read more.
Floor mattress is available in several types for you to invest in – which range from folding to rolling. You can also find one which doubles up as a chair bed. Others have non-slip bottoms and removable covers. Frequently used on rollaway and futon beds, floor mattress is a multi-purpose sleeping surface that is especially ideal for temporary use and traveling.
What makes floor mattress more attractive?
- Stay cool: With floor mattress, you can say goodbye to feeling hot and night sweating. Instead, you’ll be able to keep cool and obtain a restful sleep.
- Low cost: Much cheaper compared to other models.
What makes floor mattress less attractive?
- Dust and dust mites exposure: When you sleep nearby the ground, you’re inviting household dust, including the skin cells of your pets.
- Creepy crawly and bed bug issues: They are more attracted to some signals like body heat and sweat.
For further advice and help, you can check our collection of the top 10 for sale now. Read more.
Now, you can have an excellent space saving solution to having a bed and a couch in the similar room – the futon mattress is here to save your day! But, there are some things which you will need to consider before seeking the best-rated futon mattress. As you can see, several types of designs and frames are available to make your buying decision a bit tricky.
What makes futon mattress more attractive?
- Multi-purpose space: It can be folded and store easily.
- Comfortable and safe: It is generally a firm mattress and has a cushion that gives a good night sleep. Also, the mattress is safe since there is not much space to “fall”.
What makes futon mattress less attractive?
- Big: You need to have a fair amount of space in your closet if you want to own one.
- Care: May likely get heavy and moldy if not taken care of properly.
You can check our reviews for more advice and help about this topic. Read more.
In terms of overall customer satisfaction for a mattress, the latex mattress ratings place the second spot. Well, what’s not to love about this mattress? From plush comfort to back support and pain relief, you’ll be completely happy having one for your room.
In addition, the extensive variety of technology involved, and manufacturers means an affordable price point for everyone. Though, there are more options and factors you need to bear in mind before making a final acquisition to avoid costly mistakes in the long run. Read more.
What makes latex mattress more attractive?
- Longevity: Latex material is very durable, which tend to last for many years.
- Comfort: Pain prevention and pain reduction have been claimed by most latex mattress owners.
- No smells: This is limited to off-grassing.
What makes latex mattress less attractive?
- Excessive firmness: Many latex mattresses are firmer during the first few weeks of usage.
- Heat: Sleeping hot has been reported by some owners.
Hybrid is often considered one of the best mattresses for distinct reasons, although not as popular as compared to other types. These are ideal for sleepers who like the motion transfer and feel of a conventional innerspring, but with the contouring support of a latex or memory foam variation. Both back sleepers and side sleepers can greatly benefit from this mattress. Read more.
What makes the hybrid mattress more attractive?
- Available in various firmness: Hence, sleepers can find the right bed according to their needs.
- Cool sleep: Thanks to the pocketed coil support core, improved by cooling elements in the comfort layer of the bed.
- Contouring: Provides better pressure point relief and spinal alignment.
- Motion isolation: Great for people sharing the bed with a pet or a partner.
What makes the hybrid mattress less attractive?
- Heavy: Thus, carrying it to one place is difficult.
- Expensive: The mattresses benefits come at a price.
- Some odor: May emit an initial off gassing smell.
If you’re a type of sleeper who get sweaty and hot at night, the cooling mattress is your best solution. It keeps the body temperature of a person regulated while sleeping. This type of mattress is specifically necessary for those living in a hotter climate.
Compared to ordinary mattresses, this one can provide you with the extra coolness and comfort that your body needs for achieving a comfortable sleep. The cooling mattress is made with gel to keep the mattress cool even on hot summer nights. Read more.
What makes it more attractive?
- Unique comfort: Offers a reliable and comfortable feel like that of memory foam.
- Balanced support: Molds to the body to give custom support.
- Better air circulation: Thus, the heat can be drawn away from your body.
- Pressure and back pain relief: Gently responds to the weight of the body and alleviates pressure points.
What makes it less attractive?
- Expensive: The price is quite pricey when looking for durability and quality.
Hopefully, the set of recommendations in this section will be good enough for keeping especially the hottest sleepers cool all night long.
This type of mattress has been around for a few decades and remains one of the most sought-afters due to its brilliant features and exceptional benefits. It boasts a massive variety of brands and simplistic design, which makes it an ideal option for those who are not very fussy on longevity or comfort and those who are limited in budget.
What makes innerspring more attractive?
- Cool sleeping surface: Allows you to sleep cooler because of its low foam content.
- An affordable mattress option: The standard innerspring mattress is much more inexpensive than memory foam or latex beds.
What makes innerspring less attractive?
- Poor pressure point relief and contour ability: Doesn’t contour well to the body and therefore, do not provide enough pressure point relief for sleepers.
- Poor motion isolation: The mattress does not absorb movement well.
So, if you have decided to buy one for you or for a special someone, check here and see what you think. Read more.
The most popular, prestigious, and highest rated mattress in the market, the memory foam mattress provides a cozy comfortable sleep during the night. It makes use of a technology developed by NASA. Also, the surface perfectly contours and molds to the body figure, which offers utmost comfort and support.
What makes memory foam mattress more attractive?
- Extremely comfortable: As soon as you lay down on a memory foam mattress, you will initially feel a soft sinking sensation.
- Extremely durable: Memory foam mattresses are among the highly durable mattress types. They last much longer before requiring to be replaced.
- Great for joint pains: Provides orthopedic support.
What makes memory foam mattress less attractive?
- Cost: Some memory foam mattresses come at a high price point.
- Heavy: Also, some products tend to be heavier (on average).
We have assessed the three several types and reviewed each one, so make sure to read here for a clever buying decision. Read more.
Without so much to say, all you need to know about mattresses are right here!